10/13/2012

Real Bavarian mood - Brotzeitteller

Oktoberfest in my beloved Munich is over this year. Unfortunately I don't live there anymore and I didn't have to opportunity to go there this year to celebrate Oktoberfest with all my friends I left there. (I hope next year, maybe) Sometimes I miss the good old times so much. I miss Munich, I miss everything from there.

Ingredients: (2 persons)
  • 2 db Bavarian bread roll (or Bavarian pretzels)
  • few slices of cheese (I used smoked cheese because I simply love that)
  • meatloaf (Leberkäse) 
  • any kind of German sausage
  • radish (or as Bavarians call it, Radieserl) 
  • pepper cut into thin strips
  • 1 Tbsp. egg cream with chieves (if you have the possibility, use Obazda)
  • sweet and Dijon mustard (for serving) 
Directions:

It's not a recipe, so you actually don't need any directions or hints. It's culinary adventure mixed with nostalgia. 
So long story short: Take a place. Much better if you take a wooden board or a wooden cutting board. (Unfortunately I don't have such a thing home, so I sticked with ceramic boards.) 
The key: Serve all the ingredients nicely on the board. Don't forget mustard and a lovely glas of real German beer (best choice is a light wheat beer.) Enjoy your meal!

Note: I missed a few things from my plate - which are very important on a traditional German Brotzeitteller plate - because I don't really like them or simply couldn't buy them at the place I live now. BUT to be precise, I can't finish this post without mentioning and offering them to you: Sülze (head cheese), pickles, Obazda (cheese spread).

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése